Since the drive thru value meal is not an option for you (your standards are way too high for that!), here’s a quick and cost effective meal that delivers both in taste and nutrition. Serve with some plain Greek yogurt mixed with lemon juice and fresh chopped dill. Servings: 8
Here’s what you need:
- 3 (5oz) cans albacore tuna, in water
- 2 omega-3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 Tablespoons flax seeds, ground
- 1 Tablespoon fresh dill, minced; or 1 teaspoon dried dill
- dash black pepper
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- Drain the tuna and flake into a medium size bowl. Add the eggs, lemon, Dijon, flax, dill and pepper. Mix well.
- In a large skillet place the olive oil over medium heat. Form the tuna mixture into 8 patties. Flatten each patty onto the skillet and cook for 3 minutes per side.
Nutritional Analysis: 108 calories, 5g fat, 182mg sodium, .4g carbs, .3g fiber, 15g protein